Solo female travel advice = happiness.

I usually travel alone. There are hundreds of reasons to do so, many of which I mention in these posts. But what it comes down to is: Either learn to get along in strange places without your friends, or stay home!

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Azay le Rideau castle

What to do on a Saturday afternoon?  Have you learned nothing from the Langeais post?  That's castle time!  This time I went to Azay-le-rideau castle with my fellow lectrice Luisaidh ("Lucy") and her french boo Clément.
Can you believe this pic was taken with my phone?  I mean,  COME ON.
Quick Summary: the castle of Azay-le-Rideau was built from 1515 to 1527, one of the earliest French Renaissance castles. Built on an island in the Indre River, its foundations rise straight out of the water.  A short history of the castle can be found in English here.


Frolicking lectrices.  Name for our new band?